- Risk: the risk of debt accrued by underwater positions in case liquidators do not liquidate in time during a period of high market volatility.⚠
- Mitigation: we have taken a cautious approach in setting key parameters to ensure a large buffer. We also have provided enough incentive to liquidators to call and liquidate applicable positions. Hence, we believe this risk scenario is very unlikely to occur.ℹ
- Risk: delay in getting deposited asset back in case of the pool’s high level of utilization. Please note that farmers can borrow the funds as long as they like and there is no fixed term for when the funds must be returned.⚠
- Mitigation: we use a triple-slope interest rate to optimize for 90% fund utilization. The steep increase in interest rate beyond the 90% utilization (lending fees scaling from 20 - 150%) should incentivize more lenders to deposit funds and borrowers to return outstanding loans, optimizing the pool to stay at a flexible level below ~90%.ℹ
- While our smart contracts have been audited by third-party firms, they could theoretically have vulnerabilities. Integrated 3rd-party platforms like the AMMs we build on can also carry smart contract risk.
- We carefully screen any platforms we integrate with, only working with those that have been audited and shown a track record of good security.
While we do our best to eliminate all the possible risks, DeFi is an industry where events that no one predicted can occur(the dreaded black swans). So please don’t invest your life savings, or risk assets you can’t afford to lose. Try to be as careful with your funds as we are with our code. 😊